Tuesday, November 20, 2012

THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN: 20 YEARS LATER


SUPERMAN VS. DOOMSDAY

On November 18, 1992, Superman was killed by the monster Doomsday and it was one of the most important events in  not only comics but also pop culture.

I was 10 years old at this time and I couldn't believe Superman was being killed. My hero was being obliterated and there was nothing I could do. What would the world do without Superman?

Apparently, other people felt the same way as Superman #75 was among the best selling issues in history.

NEWSOK.COM has a great article that you can read here, on the impact that the "Death of Superman" saga had on comics and pop culture.

Superman came back and is still my favorite Superhero no matter what they do to him (I'm looking at you DC NEW 52 reboot).

LONG LIVE SUPERMAN!!!

The Professor

No comments:

Post a Comment