Sunday, January 8, 2012

OLTL: Thanks for the Memories


(Image Courtesy of Google Images)

On January 13th after 43 years, "ONE LIFE TO LIVE" will come to an end. As a fan along with many others, I am sad to see it go but I'm happy for all of the memories that it has given me over the years.


It was the summer of 1997 I believe, and I was flipping through the TV channels looking for something to watch and I came across a show with two people in a pool. One was David Fumero and the other was Erika Page White in a bikini. Yes, the real reason I watched OLTL was to see Erika Page White.


Erika Page White
(Image Courtesy of Google Images)

Erika is married to country singer Bryan White (He's lucky and he knows it) and they have two children.


Besides my love for Erika White I started to get invested in the stories and the actors. I will always say my favorite characters were Erin Torpey, Roger Howarth, Timothy Stickney, and others. My favorite time period was between 1997-2000.


Erin Torpey (Image Courtesy of Google Images)

I fell in love with the antics of Roger Howarth (Todd Manning #1). The innocence of Jessica. and the love affair between Ben (Mark Derwin) and Viki (Erika Slezak).



Mark Derwin and Erika Slezak (Image Courtesy of Google Images)


Roger Howarth (Image Courtesy of Google Images)

After 2000, OLTL was sometimes hit or miss for me. I will miss the characters like Kristen Alderson (Starr Manning) as she was also a favorite of mine.


Kristen Alderson (Image Courtesy of Google Images)

I won't use my blog to talk about my favorite storylines or criticize the show as now it doesn't matter. I can't wait to see how the show ends this week. I'm excited about the future as I look forward to seeing these actors in future projects. OLTL FOREVER.


Class Dismissed,
The Professor

No comments:

Post a Comment